POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media Photons : Re: Media Photons Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:43:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Photons
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 8 Aug 2010 18:39:33
Message: <4c5f3225$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> FS#78 ("Wrong rendering of BeamTest-Scene in 3.7.beta.35a") was a photon
> issue, too, and has been fixed with beta 37.

sorry I missed that. I now verified that the first
two problems are fixed in beta 38.

The no_reflection issue is still there. That one is
unrelated to photons, I think it basically means that
media is reflected even if the container object has
no_reflection set. I attach a test scene for that.

Interestingly, it seems to work for every pixel where
the reflected ray would not hit any other object and show
the background color instead. In those locations the media
disappears when using no_reflection.

> bicker about using outdated beta versions and such.

Sigh. The bickering would have been completely justified.

Thing is I was actually using 3.6, then I encountered the
problem with no_reflection, thought I should check if this
was still present in 3.7, and started the version I had
installed from the last time I actually used 3.7.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (3 KB)