POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: somebody
Date: 8 Aug 2010 18:18:37
Message: <4c5f2d3d@news.povray.org>
news:4c5e7ffc@news.povray.org...
> somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> > "Neeum Zawan" <fee### [at] festercom> wrote in message
> > news:87t### [at] festercom...

> > > Or, you know, he was just plain nice, and is bitter about being so.

> > Why does he think being nice (to women), whatever it means, entitles him
> > anything (getting laid, in this case)?

>   I'm starting to think that both you and Shay have some kind of unhealthy
> obsession with sex.
>
>   When a man tries to be nice to a woman, the motive must be sex. When a
> man listens to a woman, shares feelings and emotions, that is, he wants
> to be a good friend to the woman, the motive must be sex. When a man is
> courteus to a woman, shows respect and has good manners, the motive must
> be sex. You talk as if all men who do any of this consider women to be
> just sentient sex toys which must be conquered by whatever social and
> psychological means are necessary.

I'm nice to women. But I'm also nice to men. I am not nice to men because I
want sex with them, and I don't get mad when men I am nice to don't have sex
with me. Nor am I nice to women because I want sex with them.

You could say my being nice is not conditional on getting laid. Obviously,
the ebay poster means somethine else by being "nice".

If he (or men in general) is being extra nice to women (above and beyond
being nice to fellow men), why?

Of course sex is a motive for being "extra nice". Shay probably calls that
sleazy. I don't know, I myself have not figured out yet when men say they
are being nice to women, as if that should earn them a medal (i.e. sex).

>   This kind of "the only thing men want is sex" complete bullshit, in the
> same category as "every man is a potential rapist" and other such feminist
> nonsense. Unfortunately feminists have succeeded in indoctrinating these
> lies so well that even many men believe it (even though most of these men
> have personal evidence of the contrary, both in themselves and close
> friends who they know extremely well).
>
>   It *is* possible for a man to be friends with a woman, potentially even
> with the prospect of a lifetime companionship, *without* the primary goal
> being just "getting laid". If the friendship goes that far, it would a
> natural side-effect, but it's not the primary reason why the man wants to
> be friends with a woman. A man, like any human being, *needs* the company
> of other people (quite literally, as proved by psychology), and a lifetime
> partner is one of the best company which a person can have, so it's
natural
> for people to seek that.

Someone seeking friendship would not lament and curse the lack of sex in
return for being nice.