POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New music : Re: New music Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New music
From: clipka
Date: 8 Aug 2010 09:36:25
Message: <4c5eb2d9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.08.2010 20:28, schrieb Kevin Wampler:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Oh my God... I just found this on the official website:
>>
>> http://www.thebaseballs.com/videos/rocknroll
>>
>> How *mental* is that?? It's, like, 3 minutes long and appears to be a
>> single take. Crazy!
>>

> It's a fun music video and all, but as far as technical achievement for
> long single take videos this is not very impressive nor very novel (not
> knocking the band, I'm sure they have a limited budget and aren't out to
> make a technically impressive video anyway).

It's apparently not the band who did the video, but the pupils at some
Polish school. For /that/, it seems exceptionally impressive to me.

> In the realm of music videos (of which I know very little) I think that
> Ok Go's "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w is much more
> impressive in this regard (and is inspired by equally or more impressive
> previous work, such as that by Peter Fischli and David Weiss).

Compared to the Baseballs video, I think it's pretty lame: Virtually all
you have to choreograph is a bunch of predictable mechanics. That's a
piece of cake (once you have mastered the technological skills) compared
to choreographing some 100 amateur actors, of which maybe 25 or more
have a short "main actor" role.