POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media Photons : Re: Media Photons Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:57:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Photons
From: clipka
Date: 8 Aug 2010 08:50:35
Message: <4c5ea81b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.08.2010 02:27, schrieb Christian Froeschlin:
> I played a bit with these today and encountered some issues:
>
> 1. It seems photons from cylindrical light sources are no
> longer deposited in media with 3.7
> I have to admit this was still tested using beta 35 but
> I checked the changelog and the only photon changes FS #93
> and FS #95 do not seem to relate to these issues.

FS#78 ("Wrong rendering of BeamTest-Scene in 3.7.beta.35a") was a photon
issue, too, and has been fixed with beta 37. From the underlying
problem, it pretty much fits your bill.

I presume you're using the Unix version and are still waiting for the
beta 38 source release to be officially advertised, so it's probably
moot to bicker about using outdated beta versions and such.