POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: somebody
Date: 8 Aug 2010 05:42:33
Message: <4c5e7c09$1@news.povray.org>
"Neeum Zawan" <fee### [at] festercom> wrote in message
news:87t### [at] festercom...

> Or, you know, he was just plain nice, and is bitter about being so.

Why does he think being nice (to women), whatever it means, entitles him to
anything (getting laid, in this case)?

> Simpler explanations sometimes are the more correct one.
>
> Didn't sympathize with his posting at all, though. Not because I think
> he was being manipulative or any of the other things you said, but
> because he ridiculously stereotypes certain women in a fashion not
> dissimilar to what you're doing.

Stereotypes are not necessarily wrong, but he reads immature in his emotions
and simplistic in his reasoning. Realizing that opening doors for women
won't get you sex is a good start, but if it's to amount to anything, it's
got to be followed by understanding why not. He starts with the wrong
premise that opening doors for women would get him laid, and when it doesn't
work out, he assumes it's the women's fault instead of questioning why he
thought (or was led to think) it should work in the first place.