POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New music : Re: New music Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New music
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 7 Aug 2010 14:29:02
Message: <4c5da5ee$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Oh my God... I just found this on the official website:
>
> http://www.thebaseballs.com/videos/rocknroll
>
> How *mental* is that?? It's, like, 3 minutes long and appears to be a
> single take. Crazy!

It's a fun music video and all, but as far as technical achievement for
long single take videos this is not very impressive nor very novel (not
knocking the band, I'm sure they have a limited budget and aren't out to
make a technically impressive video anyway).

In the realm of music videos (of which I know very little) I think that
Ok Go's "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w is much more
impressive in this regard (and is inspired by equally or more impressive
previous work, such as that by Peter Fischli and David Weiss).  There's
also several full-length movies which are essentially shot in a single
take,  Rope (Hitchcock) and Russian Arc (Aleksandr Sokurov) both come to
mind.  Multi-minute long takes in film actually aren't that uncommon.