POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : error when writing jpeg format (linux build) : error when writing jpeg format (linux build) Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  error when writing jpeg format (linux build)
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 7 Aug 2010 11:27:09
Message: <4c5d7b4d$1@news.povray.org>
there is a confirmed bug when writing jpeg file format with the current
linux build (beta39). when specifying +fj output format the following
error occurs:

JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 372, caller
expects 376
JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 372, caller
expects 376
Render failed

this has been confirmed on ubuntu 10.4 and openSuSe 11.2 (assuming 32
bit version) as openSuSe 11.2 64-bit reports no problem

there has been a proposed fix to ~smp/source/base/image/jpeg.cpp that
appears to work, however it requires some additional work to make it a
platform specific fix.

before going too much further i was wondering if anyone has done a
source build against the 8b version of libjpeg ... maybe we might get
lucky and this problem will become a non issue by simply upgrading to a
newer version. i imagine there's probably going to be other fallout from
going to v8b, so before i tear into my setup to investigate, i thought
i'd ask first and see if anyone else has experienced any pain from doing so!

jim