POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: somebody
Date: 7 Aug 2010 02:42:08
Message: <4c5d0040$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <n@n.n> wrote in message news:4c5c2990$1@news.povray.org...
> On 08/05/2010 07:04 PM, somebody wrote:

> > Who said anything about procreating? Men want sex. Procreation is a
> > programmed side effect.

> All guys want one thing: food
> All guys want one thing: air
> etc.

I think the context got lost somewhere. It was about what men want from
women and what women want from men...

> > First, competition in modern society is as fierce as ever. Whether we do
> > better as a whole compared to 100 or 10,000 years ago is immaterial. We
all
> > compete with out contemporaries. And no matter how secure the baseline
is,
> > natural instinct is for your offspring to be as secure as possible, not
> > merely as secure as the baseline.

> bs. Why is it that I prefer skinny women?

Because you find them sexy. Remember, you want sex, not procreation. Men are
not particularly picky, so their preference varies with the fashion.

> They certainly won't make
> stronger babies. My guess is that my preference is a reaction to my
> environment.

Correct you are there.

> > Second, this is instinct, not rational thought. This is why female of
our
> > species will always go for the stronger, more beautiful and more well to
do
> > specimens *even when* it's merely for a one night protected stand. No
woman
> > will prefer to spend the night with the weak, timid or poor (qualities
often
> > misinterpreted as being "nice") if there's a choice (and why should
they,
> > would men?).

> "Nice guys" really do finish last, but it's not because they are weak or
> poor. I was born with a nack for attracting "good will." People around
> me just insisted on doing things for me ...
>
> UNTIL I decided that I wanted these things. Then I'd throw a wrench into
> the works by acting under some of the same assumptions you've expressed
> here. I never really did figure it out on my own; Someone, several
> someones, had to show me what I was doing wrong.
>
> You may be right about the timid, but look for the weak and poor guy
> with the "hot chick" next time you go out -- you'll see him.

Sure, if they have redeeming qualities. Weak may be rich, poor may be
strong. Women ideally want rich and strong, but there are so many of those
to go around.

My point is, "nice" is meaningless, a non-factor. We are all nice, and we
are all not nice. Even Hitler was "nice" enough to hitch up with Eva Braun,
if you believe being nice earns points (did that cost me Godwin points?). In
fact, it doesn't, nor does it cost points. Those who claim nice guys finish
last confuse being nice with having the aforementioned "inferior"
(evolutionarily handicapping) qualities that drive women away.

A peacock that flaunts itself for the peahen is not being obnoxious, and
likewise, a peacock that fails to do that, for whatever reason, is not being
nice or considerate. A man who thinks that immitating the weaker of the
peacocks is a virtue is thus delusional.