POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : any way use povray in visual basic : Re: any way use povray in visual basic Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any way use povray in visual basic
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 5 Aug 2010 18:07:04
Message: <4c5b3608$1@news.povray.org>
ricky312 wrote:

> i know there must be a way to do it because i have seen programs with user
> interfaces that use pov-ray moray for instance. is there maybe a plugin for
> visual basic(free version)or do i have to do it all in c++.

you can just shell out and call the povray executable.
In fact, I think for licensing reasons you need to do
it like that anyway.

If you wish to implement a "GUI extension" it will probably be
more convenient to use C/C++ (although the pvguiext.h api looks
like could access it via P/Invoke from VB.NET).