POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words : Re: Worth 1000 words Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worth 1000 words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Aug 2010 10:39:36
Message: <4c5acd28$1@news.povray.org>
>> Then again, given that I'm the worst dancer in the class, I suppose
>> it's to be expected...
>
> You'll learn much more that way than if you were the best in the class :-)

You'd think so, wouldn't you? It does not necessarily follow though. ;-)

I actually go to *three* Rock & Roll classes per week currently. One is
for beginners, one for improvers and the other is the top class.
(Nominally it's "intermediate", but the school doesn't currently have an
"advanced" class in the R&R category, so...) You'd be surprised how much
you pick up from the lower classes.

Even still, the top class has some amazing dancers in it, and they still
get stuff wrong. (Especially when we're just practise-dancing rather
than real-dancing, which is basically what happens in class.)
Personally, I would just feel happier if I wasn't the *bottom* of the
class. Somewhere in the middle would be fine. I don't mind not being
top. But I'm not keen on being bottom...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/