POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words : Re: Worth 1000 words Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worth 1000 words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Aug 2010 09:53:38
Message: <4c5ac262$1@news.povray.org>
JimT wrote:

> Wow, you guys are harsh.

Yeah, I was thinking that... Half a dozen replies, and not a kind word
to be said for all my hard work.

> As someone who wouldn't dare get up on a dancefloor, let alone stay on my feet
> long enough to be in the judging, you have a twinge of my envy, my respect and
> my congratulations.

Thanks.

FWIW, I'm usually the guy hiding at the back of the room so that nobody
can see how bad my dancing is. Knowing what the dance steps are doesn't
magically _make_ you confident in your ability to dance. I think the
turning point was at Roade; I don't know what came over me that night,
but my personallity was radically transformed.

Anyway, the Bronze exam is the very bottom of the tree. I still have a
huge stack of medals to earn to match my little sister's horde of swag.
Still, my entire life I've never won anything, never been good at
anything, never achieved anything. And now I have a nice shiny medal.

My preshhhhhiousssssss!

> Keep making time to do something you enjoy.

Time is something I'm generally not short of. Perhaps you noticed? :-/

For the first time in my life, I actually have somewhere to go and
something to do, on a regular basis. And I'm meeting people that you
could losely describe as "friends". OK, that's maybe stretching it a
bit... but the exercise is probably good. And hell, spending a few hours
per week smiling has got to be a good thing, right?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/