POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words : Re: Worth 1000 words Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worth 1000 words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Aug 2010 09:39:11
Message: <4c5abeff@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> The right-hand figure on the medal looks like he's wearing a space helmet.

Yeah, it's not the best engraving ever, is it?

> Did anyone from your class not get a medal?

Yeah - all the people who didn't enter for the exam. :-P

On a more serious note, generally the tutor won't let you enter for an
exam unless you have some realistic hope of passing. And if you enter
for one and you're not up to standard, they'll make sure you get to
where you need to be before exam time.

This is my very first dance exam ever, and I'm really thrilled to get my
medal. But bear in mind that I'm currently in the top Rock & Roll class
in the school. (Not, I emphasize, because of anything to do with my
dancing. It's merely a logicistics thing.) Everyone else was doing much
higher-level exams than me. And most of them got better results than me.

Then again, given that I'm the worst dancer in the class, I suppose it's
to be expected...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/