POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imagemagick : Re: Imagemagick Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagemagick
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Aug 2010 01:09:44
Message: <4c58f618$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
 > I must say, the UI to this set of programs really, really sucks.

Ah, I think this pretty much sums it up:

The following commands are the two direct image 'composite' methods
available in ImageMagick...

   composite {overlay} {background} [-compose {method}]   {result}

   convert  {background} {overlay} [-compose {method}] -composite   {result}

They're obviously the same. Except, of course, if the result file already
exists, then you are doing some other operation. And it's yet again a
completely different syntax if you actually want to stack up *three* images.

Well, of course, how intuitive!  Move over PHP!

For the record, I still haven't figured out how "-write" is supposed to work.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback