POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imagemagick : Re: Imagemagick Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagemagick
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Aug 2010 14:01:49
Message: <4c58598d@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I must say, the UI to this set of programs really, really sucks.
>
>   I know this is getting really old, but it's just too perfect to let pass:
> If you are not happy with it, you can always demand your money back. ;)

What's the problem here? I can't talk about UI features of a free program
without getting crap?  How the heck does any program improve if everybody
who doesn't like it just shuts the fuck up and goes away?

It's exactly this "we don't want to even discuss the possibility that our
program isn't perfect, because it's free and you're an ungrateful ass for
thinking a new user's perspective might be an interesting input to the
design process" that keeps me from contributing more to open source.

>   Besides, it's open source, so if you want to fix it, go ahead. :P

It's not really a question of "fixing" it. It's the whole design philosophy.
  I would have expected, for example, to use the "montage" program to tile
some images together rather than the "convert" program.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback