POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to visualize what you want? : Re: how to visualize what you want? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to visualize what you want?
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2010 10:47:01
Message: <4c582be5@news.povray.org>
Am 31.07.2010 19:51, schrieb nemesis:
> "rebeltaz"<mrm### [at] bellsouthnet>  wrote:
>> jim mentioned Blender for Linux. I tried Blender a couple of months ago when I
>> needed a CAD program for the new CNC machine I built and I could not make heads
>> or tails out of it.
>
> it's always amusing how geeks able to build their own CNC machines and hand-code
> povray scenes find it gobsmackingly difficult to use Blender.  It's kinda like
> being able to calculate the results of complex integrals by hand, but being
> completely lost when given a powerful pocket calculator... LOL

The problem with that calculator is that while it may be powerful as
hell, it's a PITA to unleash that power when it happens to use reverse
polish notation and has plenty of buttons besides which are labeled with
terms you've never heard before. So you end up deciding that you'd be
faster (and have a better chance of retaining your sanity besides) using
some other, less powerful brand of calculator, than wrapping your head
around that one which /would/ spit out the result at the press of a
single button if you only knew which of the gazillions. (Ever seen
Pixar's "Lifted" short?)