POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to visualize what you want? : Re: how to visualize what you want? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to visualize what you want?
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2010 10:30:30
Message: <4c582806$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.08.2010 21:02, schrieb Patrick Elliott:

> Tried to follow a tutorial a while back, which included some UV export
> and stuff, so you could draw to the mesh pattern, etc. (which, imho,
> doesn't work worth shit. We need a full editor, including clipping,
> etc., where you can edit face by face, or groups of faces, or something
> sane, not the "export a wireframe and how you know which parts apply to
> the original"). As far as I know, no one has ever made such a thing. :(

Sculptris is a freeware tool that (besides being fun to use as a
modeller) allows you to paint directly on your mesh in 3D space
(unfortunately it seems to have problems loading too large pre-existing
meshes). There also seems to be commercial software around that has been
doing this for years (ZBrush for instance, AFAIK).