POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Optional way to handle #include files? : Re: Optional way to handle #include files? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 09:38:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optional way to handle #include files?
From: Warp
Date: 2 Aug 2010 07:50:03
Message: <4c56b0eb@news.povray.org>
> So maybe a suitable syntax would be:

>      #macro Foo(...)
>      #end
>      #fast_macro Foo

> where "#fast_macro IDENTIFIER" would cause the parser to retrieve the
> specified macro into memory.

  Maybe I'm being stubborn here, but I still can't understand the need
for such a keyword. What would be the problem in *always* having all
macros as "fast"?

> I'd also suggest not to store the content of the macro literally, but
> rather in an already tokenized form, as I guess this would speed up
> things even a bit more.

  This going towards a byte-compiled VM (much like the user-defined
functions), which is what has been the suggestion for POV-Ray 4 for
a long time...

--
                                                          - Warp