POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to visualize what you want? : Re: how to visualize what you want? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to visualize what you want?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Aug 2010 03:18:44
Message: <4c567154@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Perhaps you should try it now.  2.5 Beta has just been released last week
> and
> comes with hopefully is a much more intuitive and sane interface relying
> mostly
> on mouse-first-keymaps-later philosophy.

Being curious, I certainly shall... :-)

> In any case, it's a 3D package beast coming shock full with video editor,
> animation tools, texture painting, sculpting, nodes editor, a game engine,
> physics simulations etc.  A 3D modeller is only a tiny fraction of what
> Blender
> is, which certainly accounts for its complexity:  so many buttons and
> screen
> layouts that might intimidate, but the trick is to just use what you need
> for
> the current task.

Indeed. Blender is more than a 3D modeller but I very rarely need to go
beyond the 3D modeller. Of course, if I were to use Blender, I would
discover additional uses :-)

> but you do use modelers, which is better than plotting integrals by hand.
> :)

LOL I wouldn't even know how to do that! :-)

Thomas