POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fabricate BMP with POV-Ray : Re: Fabricate BMP with POV-Ray Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fabricate BMP with POV-Ray
From: clipka
Date: 1 Aug 2010 12:05:50
Message: <4c559b5e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.08.2010 14:48, schrieb guiguibu91:
> I am looking for a POV macro or function to fabricate BMP image file, either
> from a Cbits array (24 bits BMP's) or a Bits array and a Cmap array (indexed
> BMP's). And conversely, to retrieve Cbits or Bits/Cmap from an existing BMP
> image file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Cbits array" and "Cmap array",
respectively. A google search for "cbits cmap" gives me (among other)
blender source code which appears to be related to file output, as well
as pages referring to what looks like an image processing library.

Either way, it doesn't sound like a job POV-Ray is particularly
well-suited for, and you may be better off using some good image
conversion software, as I guess that's what this all boils down to.