POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Transmogrify : Re: Transmogrify Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transmogrify
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jul 2010 21:52:52
Message: <4c54d374@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> You are speaking to the wrong person, here. "Habituating" is not a word

> in British English we use dependency (if I follow you correctly).

I believe that's correct.

> I’m also a bit wary of the term “good drugs” I
know that it is popular
> to say things like good and bad bacteria but it is a bit misleading.

I mean "good" as in "you like it so much you want more."   I don't say th
at
fat people have a dependency on Big Macs. I'm trying to figure out what t
he
difference between (say) pot and something people get a dependency on, gi
ven
that lots and lots of people here are in jail because they can't keep
themselves from smoking pot in places they'll get caught. So why isn't th
at
a dependency?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)