POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Transmogrify : Re: Transmogrify Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transmogrify
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jul 2010 07:58:40
Message: <4c540ff0$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/07/2010 11:37 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> My laymans definition is: You like the effects of the drug so much you
>> want to keep taking it even if there are no physical withdrawal symptoms.
>
> Yeah. I mean, I get that. I just don't know why there's a term for "good
> drugs" that makes it sound awful. Why wouldn't you say anything you
> really really like is "habituating"?

You are speaking to the wrong person, here. "Habituating" is not a word
in British English we use dependency (if I follow you correctly).
I’m also a bit wary of the term “good drugs” I know that it is popular
to say things like good and bad bacteria but it is a bit misleading.

As an aside I was looking for a slang word for girls, polite you
understand. It was to replace guys which in the UK means only men. I
came across this site that may be amusing or as the case may be, not.
http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen