POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Par4All : Re: Par4All Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Par4All
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jul 2010 21:16:45
Message: <4c53797d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.07.2010 15:08, schrieb Mike Raiford:

> My understanding of the structure of 3.7 is that this should be
> possible, even trivial to configure the application up for clusters. The
> rendering is done on the back-end for each tile, each tile reports back
> to a controller. The controller gathers image data and statistics from
> the renderer and sends new tiles to idle threads.

That's the idea behind it, yes.

However, we're not there yet - cluster rendering support, while being on
the roadmap, is not on the agenda for 3.7; there's still a lot of data
simply shared among the threads rather than being passed around by
messages, and that won't be addressed until after the 3.7 release proper.