POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Par4All : Re: Par4All Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Par4All
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Jul 2010 09:11:37
Message: <4c52cf89@news.povray.org>
On 7/27/2010 5:21 PM, nemesis wrote:

> only for multicore CPUs, not heterogeneous computing environments including GPUs
> and clusters...

My understanding of the structure of 3.7 is that this should be
possible, even trivial to configure the application up for clusters. The
rendering is done on the back-end for each tile, each tile reports back
to a controller. The controller gathers image data and statistics from
the renderer and sends new tiles to idle threads.

Of course, I may be totally wrong (and I frequently am...)

--
~Mike