POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Optional way to handle #include files? : Re: Optional way to handle #include files? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:47:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optional way to handle #include files?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 30 Jul 2010 02:51:17
Message: <4c527665$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/07/2010 16:41, Warp wrote:
>   (Besides, if POV-Ray handles macros as filename-offset pairs, wouldn't
> modifying the file in the SDL break that? If the file is modified via SDL,

Yes, that's how it's done. Technically, though, as long as the file offset
remained the same, it would still work.

We could I suppose have a "fast_macro" keyword which is explicitly defined
as being cached in memory. But none of us have the time to write this ATM.

Feel up to a challenge? :-)

-- Chris