POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn that's sweet. : Re: Damn that's sweet. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn that's sweet.
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jul 2010 12:46:57
Message: <4c51b081@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Oh ok, that's all I wondered.  I guess they have different requirements
> than eg Google that decided to take the lots-of-cheap-x86s path.

Yes. They have ACID. They're actually charging money, and allocating
resources like airplane seats, in ways that you actually need to coordinate
different requests.  Google doesn't, but google also serves an audience in a
way that physically putting the machines closer to the audience helps business.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback