POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Transmogrify : Re: Transmogrify Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transmogrify
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Jul 2010 12:13:26
Message: <4c51a8a6@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:51:59 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> I agree that some do, and I mentioned a couple in another thread.
>>

> I was going to ask why. Why not make all drugs legal and let the sad
> ones “stone” themselves out of the reproductive cycle. But then I
> thought of penicillin and the like. We don’t want to allow people to
> take that when they feel like it.

Yep.  Making them legal doesn't mean make then uncontrolled.  Today if I
want to buy cough syrup with codeine in it, I have to provide information
to the pharmacy (even for stuff that used to be over the counter) because
large quantities of codeine can be used to make crystal meth.

That's a perfectly reasonable control.

> BTW Just a minute starts on Monday

:-)

Jim