POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows Setup design : Re: Windows Setup design Server Time
2 Jul 2024 09:41:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Setup design
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jul 2010 08:04:13
Message: <4c501cbd$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/07/2010 11:35 AM, Chris Cason wrote:
> Your prior comments implying we were assisting users in bypassing corporate
> security restrictions seemed to me to be more than a user who was wondering
> about the install location. You were outright rude.

To calm it down a bit, I thought it was me that Scott was having a pop
at, not the PovRay development team. I understood his post to mean that
being able to install without admin rights was not there so I could use
PovRay on a work machine.
Although it is very handy that I can on a lot of machines. I move around
from company to company in my work and although there are a few
companies that lock their machines down so tight that you almost need a
password to open the CD drive. Most are content not to give you admin

about companies where you need security clearance to work.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen