POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows Setup design : Re: Windows Setup design Server Time
2 Jul 2024 09:50:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Setup design
From: Chris Cason
Date: 28 Jul 2010 05:36:19
Message: <4c4ffa13$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/07/2010 19:21, scott wrote:
>> I challenge you to find a *current* Microsoft installation standard that
>> states that users without admin rights *may not install software at all*.
>
> See the link to the PDF I posted already.  It clearly states that
> applications should be installed in to "Program Files" by default.  The POV
> installer does not do this.

You avoided answering the question. I asked you to show me something that
says non-elevated installs 'may not install software at all', you answered
with something about 'program files'. This is not the same thing.

I'll ask you again: find me a document that - as you claim - explicitly
states that it is wrong for a MSI setup to not require admin privileges.

-- Chris