POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Transmogrify : Re: Transmogrify Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transmogrify
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Jul 2010 04:13:23
Message: <4c4fe6a3$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> The people who are for the prohibition of drugs use the same logic that
> brought about alcohol prohibition in the 30's.  It's not about the costs
> to cover treatment and such - it's about it being "bad" for people to do
> that.  It's about one group of people asserting their sense of moral
> superiority.

This entire subthread baffles me. (And for once, I don't just mean "how
the **** did we end up *here*?")

Of course, you're entirely right. Why would a team of medical experts
who've studied the addictive effects of drugs and the damage they do to
the human body know more about it than some random guy on the street?
Everyone agrees - wait, let me change that - almost everyone agrees we
shouldn't let people commit suicide. It is therefore completely logical
that we should allow people to slowly poison themselves to death, while
at the same time causing untold misery around them.

Hold on - no, actually that entire paragraph makes *no* sense at all! :-P