POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum physics : Re: Quantum physics Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum physics
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jul 2010 10:52:17
Message: <4c4ef2a1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> I also discover I no longer understand how QM works nearly as much as
>> I thought I did. :-)
>
> If learning about quantum mechanics does not deeply shock you, you
> really haven't learned it.  (Some physicist said this a long time ago.)

Well, I thought I had a decent surface-level understanding of what the
predictions would be in a particular case, without the ability to do the
actual calculations.  Now I find out that my naive understanding of how to
do the calculations is wrong, as I have no rule that says anything about two
slits being more privileged than three slits.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback