POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Close newsgroup sub-groups? : Re: Close newsgroup sub-groups? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Close newsgroup sub-groups?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Jul 2010 10:41:56
Message: <4c4ef034$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> schreef in bericht
> You know ... I was just trying to approach the issue with a bit of humor
> (didn't you notice the smiley), as nothing seems to work with you. Even
> after the ongoing discussion in this thread you seem unwilling to come
> close to anything that even resembles cooperation. Multiple edits (and
> now multiple moves) of documents within minutes of each change all for
> the sake of a couple of characters in most cases, that's just plain
> unproductive clutter for someone trying to forge ahead with a project.
> So knock yourself out ... I'll just start ignoring ANYTHING with your
> username attached to it ... as a matter of fact, was wondering why I'm
> even wasting my time replying to this thread (shrugs)

I am not familiar with working with wiki, so forgive my ignorance, but I
thought indeed that when composing/editting a document, even a simple one,
one should do that off-line until a final state is reached to one's own
satisfaction, and only then upload that to the wiki, or whatever other
media. I have done a lot of writing in my life, mostly scientific, and I
would never have made concept documents available to anyone on any media,
except to those few individuals whith whom I wanted to discuss details. So,
I agree with the Jims on this issue. I think one has to follow a standard
procedure in this and be utterly reluctant to upload unfinished concepts.

Thomas