POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Close newsgroup sub-groups? : Re: Close newsgroup sub-groups? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Close newsgroup sub-groups?
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2010 23:10:31
Message: <4c4e4e27@news.povray.org>
Am 26.07.2010 18:46, schrieb SharkD:
> On 7/25/2010 5:05 AM, clipka wrote:
>> As far as I can see, disk space has never been mentioned in that
>> discussion.
>
> That was the reason that was implied, yes: "Each time you save a file
> you create an entirely new document in the database. Granted it's
> generally text and low-ish overhead..."

Well, that's the reason /you/ implied. The quote doesn't support it
though: "Granted it's generally text and low-ish overhead", implies that
space is /not/ the primary issue.

>> There are more reasons than just disk space to ask that you
>> keep the number of Wiki page revisions low; for instance it reduces the
>> effort needed to review changes.
>
> Not mentioned anywhere.

Yeah, that's life: Sometimes people don't tell you the reason why they
want you to do something, for instance because they think it's obvious.

Why not calm down, think it over, and just cooperate instead of trying
to argue your way around it.