POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 26 Jul 2010 22:09:50
Message: <4c4e3fee$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/26/2010 12:16 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Larry Hudson"<org### [at] yahoocom>  schreef in bericht
>
>> At one time there was a stereo camera available for these View-Master
>> style pictures.  I'm sure it either came with, or had available the
>> device(s) to mount them properly.  Of course, this was a LONG time ago and
>> I'm sure it's no longer manufactured.  Never had one myself but I remember
>> seeing them.  Perhaps you could find one on E-Bay?
>>

> View Master....<sigh>  yes, I remember the name now. If I remember
> correctly, there was indeed a camera but you had to send the film (already
> mounted?) to the company for processing. I never owned one though.
>
> Thomas

I never had one either, but sending the film to the company for processing is probably
right.
My thinking that you could mount them yourself is strictly from (faulty) memory and
assumptions
-- always a bad idea, of course.    :-(

Although I do remember (I think...) it used standard 35mm film.

I used to do all of my own photo processing, including 35mm slides -- the developing
and
mounting of slides is a pretty straight-forward procedure.  Making prints (both B&W
and color)
is much more involved, but fun, and I did a lot of that once-upon-a-time.  Most of my
printing
was from 2-1/4 square negatives rather than 35mm.  But I haven't done any photo
processing for
many years now...   <sigh>

      -=- Larry -=-