POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer system : Re: Computer system Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer system
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 25 Jul 2010 06:48:36
Message: <4c4c1684$1@news.povray.org>
Le 25/07/2010 11:53, somebody nous fit lire :
> "Le_Forgeron" <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote in message
>> The factory limit for GTX serie is 105°C, as reported in their reviews.
>
> While that's somewhat scary, my real concern is noise, not necessarily
> heat/waste. I bet the difference in noise between it running at 50°C and
> 70°C is substantial. Some of tha ATI cards seem to fare better, but
> unfortunately, OpenGL support on ATI gamer cards has left a bad impression
> for me.

As I can go in single screen mode easily, here the difference (for me,
YMMV as usual):
 2 screens, 72°C, fan at 42% (performance level 2 & 3: NV clock 405 MHz
& 607 MHz, memory clock 1674 MHz)
 1 screen (keeping only the 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz, disabling the 1600x1200 @
85Hz (crt)), 49°C, fan at 40% (performance level 1: NV clock 405 MHz,
memory clock 324 MHz)

Moving from Adaptative Preferred Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance with
1 screen put performance level to 3, the NV clock at 607 MHz, memory
clock at 1674 MHz, and raise back the temperature 71°C, fan at 41%.
(until 70°C, the fan speed is 40%, even at 50°C)
(pushing the opengl load (removing sync on blank for max fps of 2
glxgears), at 76°C, the fan is at 48%)

No real noise difference from the card between both temperature.
(no vuuuussssshhhh)