POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : SOR used to work, but no longer : Re: SOR used to work, but no longer Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR used to work, but no longer
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jul 2010 04:44:19
Message: <4c4bf963$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.07.2010 04:30, schrieb SharkD:
> When I created the following SOR object in 3.6.1 it worked, but in 3.6.2
> and the beta it no longer works. Why does it no longer work, and what
> can I do to fix it?

Due to rounding errors, the first two and last two points in the SOR
happen to have a negative X coordinate. While 3.6.1 seems to have
accepted such values, 3.6.2 and 3.7 don't.

To fix it, you may explicitly set the offending points' X coordinates to
zero. Alternatively, enclose the X coordinates in a "max(0, ...)"
expression to force them into the non-negative domain.