POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool physics engine : Re: Very cool physics engine Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very cool physics engine
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Jul 2010 11:24:42
Message: <4c4862ba$1@news.povray.org>

http://gizmodo.com/5591613/incredible-physics-engine-yields-some-seriously-jaw+dropping-dirt

>> Some good stuff in there I haven't noticed before. So real you can
>> almost feel the texture of what they're simulating.
>
> I did notice that the multiple bunny flinging left bits stuck to the
> walls, not sure if that was intended or not.

At about 2:10 they have a torus mucking around with something sticky, so I'm
guessing the first bunny was sticky.

> now let's see if they can get it to work in real-time and implement it
> into a game engine :-)

I think that's the intention. It looks like it's already running at tens of
frames per second all by itself, so it shouldn't be too long.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback