POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: scott
Date: 22 Jul 2010 08:12:03
Message: <4c483593$1@news.povray.org>
> My dad claims his sometimes exceeds 200 BPM.

See link below...

> I must admit, I didn't think that was an outrageous number until everybody
> here started being all like "dude, if it hits 150 BPM you'd nearly be in a
> coma!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Exercise_zones.png

If I do a "harcore" cycle ride for an hour or so my average is usually about
155, which seems inside the 152-171 zone identified by that chart for my
age.

> That's fine, but it also occasionally does this when I'm sitting in the
> house too. Why the heck would it do that?

Spurious electrical noise from things switching on/off?

> Last night, I drove to my dance class, and I drove home again. And on both
> journeys, the monitor went crazy just as I drove past a specific
> roundabout. I have no idea why, but that seems like one hell of a
> coincidence...

High voltage electric cables above or below the ground?  Or a train line?