POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : MipMap Question : Re: MipMap Question Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MipMap Question
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Jul 2010 20:23:29
Message: <4c478f81$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Does everything still look blurry when you view it straight-on?  Or only
> when the walls are at an oblique angle to the direction the camera is
> facing?

Even straight on, IIRC.  (I stopped to do a different game in the meantime,
so I don't have this one compiled at hand right now.)  Even worse at an
angle, but that's expected, yes?

The combined texture is 4x4 of the size of one wall (i.e., 16 subtextures),
and it looks like I'd expect a 512x512 texture shrunk down to 128x128 to look.

I was going to change the code and either temporarily make all the walls use
the full-size graphic (which I just thought of, which would be much easier
than) or re-do the whole drawing part to use separate textures as I was
trying to avoid in the first place.  But I thought I'd ask real quick if
this was a "well, duh, of course, because..."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback