POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... : Re: A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random wondering of my own...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Jul 2010 16:02:54
Message: <4c47526e$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/20/2010 8:07 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> On 7/20/2010 12:47 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>>> By the way, these questions are getting beyond the point where I feel
>>> comfortable speculating how an actual young-earth creationist would
>>> respond, so if you're actually interested in knowing the answers you'll
>>> probably have to actually find a young-earth creationist who is also
>>> scientifically minded and ask them.
>>
>> Actually, its real easy to work out how they might answer. Its called
>> Poe. Nothing you can possible think of would *ever* prove to be
>> crazier, less rational, or inconsistent with reality, than what some
>> creationist, someplace, somewhere, just posted to a blog (or
>> Conservapedia).
>>

> That's why I used the phrase "a young-earth creationist who is also
> scientifically minded", indicating that he should try to find a someone
> who has thought and read a fair bit about how to best fit science into
> that sort of world view. Such people do actually exist, and I imagine
> will have a much less varied set of responses than the set of all
> young-earth creationists.
Don't know.. Maybe, but as near as I can see, their responses tend to
contain *way* more cognitive dissonance, and severe confusion over what
their actual position on things are. I.e., X is true for A, because that
doesn't contradict my position, but its wrong for B, C, D, and J->Q,
because it does, even though there is no logical reason why it shouldn't
apply there as well.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {