POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Jul 2010 10:24:32
Message: <4c470320$1@news.povray.org>
>>> During the first dance, the device registered a maximum BPM reading of
>>> 193.
>>
>>  Are you sure the device is working properly?
>
> Seems ok to me for a not-super-fit person doing a strenuous dance.  I
> know if I start out on my bike and attack the hill at the end of my road
> full power I can easily get to 180+ within a minute or two.  But my
> watch gives me 3 beeps when it goes over 175 so I know to back off a bit.

My dad claims his sometimes exceeds 200 BPM. I must admit, I didn't
think that was an outrageous number until everybody here started being
all like "dude, if it hits 150 BPM you'd nearly be in a coma!"

>> On the other hand, while driving home, the monitor did briefly flash up
>> 206 BPM,
>
> ANything can interferes with the signal between the chest strap and the
> watch can cause problems.  If I cycle under power cables, or near an
> electrified railway track it screws up.  Cars are notorious for
> electrical interference, so I wouldn't believe anything it says whilst
> in a car.

That's fine, but it also occasionally does this when I'm sitting in the
house too. Why the heck would it do that?