POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Jul 2010 10:22:38
Message: <4c4702ae$1@news.povray.org>
>> I do quite often go for a walk in my lunch break at work. Trouble is,
>> I *can't* break into a sweat, because I've got to sit at my desk for
>> the rest of the day.
>
> So pack a bag in your car with extra shirts, a stick of deoderant, and
> some hand towels, and wash off when you get back.  Most office buildings
> have showers for just this reason, but it doesn't sound like you work in
> a real office building.

Heh, well the building is real, and it does contain offices. Then again,
given that the *door handles* don't work [and you'd think it would be
pretty much impossible to get something that trivial wrong], god only
knows how broken the showers would be if we had some...

Actually, one of the girls brings a bag with her to work, and just
before home time you see her toddle off to the little girls' room and
come back looking all sporty and cute. [I probably shouldn't describe
other people's wives that way...] Still, that's because she goes to the
gym just *after* work.

>> Besides, I find that if I walk fast, long before I get
>> breathless or sweaty, I get crippling cramps in my legs, particularly
>> my calf muscles.
>
> When that happens, stop and stretch. That's the lactose(?) building up,
> and stretching your muscles works it into the blood stream where it can
> get properly recycled/disposed/digested/whatever.

In my case, that would probably result in a lot of stopping and not very
much walking.

I think I might just be walking too rigidly or something... Nobody else
has any problem with it.

> Welcome to the f'ing club. It's called getting older.

I'm old. :'{

And all I can think about now is "damn, I really should have hooked up
with a girl while I was still handsom..."