POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... : Re: A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random wondering of my own...
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 20 Jul 2010 23:07:38
Message: <4c46647a@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> On 7/20/2010 12:47 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> By the way, these questions are getting beyond the point where I feel
>> comfortable speculating how an actual young-earth creationist would
>> respond, so if you're actually interested in knowing the answers you'll
>> probably have to actually find a young-earth creationist who is also
>> scientifically minded and ask them.
>
> Actually, its real easy to work out how they might answer. Its called
> Poe. Nothing you can possible think of would *ever* prove to be crazier,
> less rational, or inconsistent with reality, than what some creationist,
> someplace, somewhere, just posted to a blog (or Conservapedia).

That's why I used the phrase "a young-earth creationist who is also
scientifically minded", indicating that he should try to find a someone
who has thought and read a fair bit about how to best fit science into
that sort of world view.  Such people do actually exist, and I imagine
will have a much less varied set of responses than the set of all
young-earth creationists.