POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jul 2010 11:33:37
Message: <4c45c1d1$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I do quite often go for a walk in my lunch break at work. Trouble is, I
> *can't* break into a sweat, because I've got to sit at my desk for the
> rest of the day.

So pack a bag in your car with extra shirts, a stick of deoderant, and some
hand towels, and wash off when you get back.  Most office buildings have
showers for just this reason, but it doesn't sound like you work in a real
office building.

 > Besides, I find that if I walk fast, long before I get
> breathless or sweaty, I get crippling cramps in my legs, particularly my
> calf muscles.

When that happens, stop and stretch. That's the lactose(?) building up, and
stretching your muscles works it into the blood stream where it can get
properly recycled/disposed/digested/whatever.

> Around 2009, my weight suddenly started increasing for no apparent
> reason.

Welcome to the f'ing club. It's called getting older.

> Never the less, sitting motionless until your legs actually hurt from
> lack of bloodflow surely can't be healthy...

Well, no. Get up and go outside and walk around the building a couple times.
It's also probably bad air in the place unless you have windows that open,
so getting the stale co2 out of your system for a few minutes will help you
think also.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback