POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: scott
Date: 20 Jul 2010 11:16:30
Message: <4c45bdce$1@news.povray.org>
>> During the first dance, the device registered a maximum BPM reading of
>> 193.
>
>  Are you sure the device is working properly?

Seems ok to me for a not-super-fit person doing a strenuous dance.  I know
if I start out on my bike and attack the hill at the end of my road full
power I can easily get to 180+ within a minute or two.  But my watch gives
me 3 beeps when it goes over 175 so I know to back off a bit.

> On the other hand, while driving home, the monitor did briefly flash up
> 206 BPM,

ANything can interferes with the signal between the chest strap and the
watch can cause problems.  If I cycle under power cables, or near an
electrified railway track it screws up.  Cars are notorious for electrical
interference, so I wouldn't believe anything it says whilst in a car.