POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Jul 2010 08:18:23
Message: <4c45940f@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Try regular daily exercise.

Yeah, that would be a start...

Then again, I've reached the point now where I take up to 4 hours of
dance classes per week. (And 3 hours of that is Rock & Roll.) Obviously
[or perhaps not?] a one hour class isn't a continuous one hour workout.
You stand around waiting for whoever to sort out the next CD. You
practice a move through, stop, try it again, stop and try again. You
dance a combination of moves and then have a rest. Still, it's certainly
better than nothing.

The best part about dancing, of course, is that it's *fun*. It makes you
*want* to do it. And let's face it, if you enjoy doing something, you're
way more likely to keep doing it more and more often.

Still, unless I get to the point where I dance every single day [which
would probably be quite expensive], I think I probably am going to have
to do something else as well.

>   If you do this for at least 6 months, you'll notice how your rest pulse
> will start lowering as you get into better shape.

Part of the reason I bought this heart monitor was to see if I make any
improvement over time. (Although now I'm just not sure whether it
actually *works* or not...)

>   (For most optimal results, you would have to start also watching a bit
> what you eat. More proteins and fibers, less carbs, more plant fats and
> less animal fats.)

...so, *not* cheese on toast then?