POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... : Re: A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random wondering of my own...
From: Warp
Date: 19 Jul 2010 08:07:52
Message: <4c444017@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> the dinosaurs "must" have all drowned in a giant flood

  Not if you believe Kent Hovind, who claims that dinosarus didn't go extint
at all, but there are specimens alive even today (and no, he's not talking
about birds, but actual cretaceous period dinosaurs). His arguments are,
basically a combination of cryptozoology, taking known hoaxes at face value,
as well as an outright conspiracy theory (about scientists ignoring and
destroying evidence because dinosaurs being alive would, according to Hovind,
somehow discredit evolution, even though he doesn't explain why).

  Btw, does someone know how Young Earth creationists explain what killed
all the trilobites?

  (Trilobites were probably as numerous as cocroaches today, and claiming
that they were killed in the flood would be a somewhat hilarious claim
taking into account that trilobites were *marine* arthropods.)

--
                                                          - Warp