POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... : Re: A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random wondering of my own...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Jul 2010 23:04:41
Message: <4c43c0c9$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/18/2010 4:17 PM, Darren New wrote:
> somebody wrote:
>> To be the devil's (or god's) advocate, why should a christian accept
>> that as
>> a fundamental demarcation?
>
> For the same reason the Christians don't like getting lumped in with
> Hinduism, Norse mythology, and voodoo.
>
>  > Science may say they are completely different
>> fields, but religion definitely does not say so.
>
> Because if you're talking about "evolution", you should use the term the
> scientists mean by it, not the term the christians mean by it, because
> the scientists invented the term.

Ah, well. That's simple. They generally use "Darwinism", which, with
very rare exceptions, some of which are also borderline ID people
themselves, ***isn't even the scientific term***. Problem solved. lol
Well, except of the unfortunate fact that they still insist on claiming
Evolution "is" Darwinism, but that is a bit like a Conservative,
demanding everyone obey their mythology based edicts, (whose principle
ideals tend to be, according to studies of how differently people
actually do think, purity, authority and loyalty), calling a Liberal
(primary focus being fairness and harm, with authority and loyalty being
like "bottom of the list"), who advocates for careful consideration of
consequences, the "fascist", because, well.. they *demand* that everyone
ignore the mythology. Where, maybe suggest it is harmful, or imply there
might be a problem with it, or imply people don't have to all follow
it.. You know, fascist, gun toting, 'forceful', stuff like that. lol

But, yeah. In general, it would certainly be nice if they didn't try to
borrow everyone else's words, mangle them beyond all recognition, then
insist that *they* are the ones being oppressed by the people protesting it.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {