POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... : Re: A random wondering of my own... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random wondering of my own...
From: Warp
Date: 18 Jul 2010 02:13:12
Message: <4c429b78@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan <fee### [at] festercom> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> writes:

> >   You constantly hear claims like "evolutionists claim that the universe
> > began with a 'big bang' from nothing" and such.

> First I heard of it.

  Try for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ljORZcfQs

(At 1:25): "And yet many evolutionists would have us believe that in the
name of science: There was no creator, no space, no energy, no matter, there
was nothing, and then there was this big bang and out came the sea and the
land..."

  The "big bang" is not part of the theory of evolution. It's part of
astronomy.

  (And, in fact, the big bang theory doesn't actually say that there was
nothing and then suddenly something appeared. It just says that everything
was initially compressed in a singularity. AFAIK there's currently no
widely accepted theory about what happened *before* that.)

--
                                                          - Warp