POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2010 19:55:21
Message: <4c4242e9$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> It'll be interesting to see what kind of readings I get tonight. I'm
> going out to a Rock & Roll dance night. Up to 5 hours of Rock & Roll
> dancing, likely to be combined with high temperatures, high humidity and
> social stress.
>
> Maybe you guys could take bets on what my maximal BPM reading for the
> evening will be? :-P

During the first dance, the device registered a maximum BPM reading of
193. Amusingly (or not?), by the time the *next* dance finished (i.e.,
I'd been sitting around for about 3 minutes), my pulse was still
registering as around 150 BPM.

Then again, it was so hot I didn't go much below 100 BPM all night once
people actually started dancing.

Nearer the end of the night, I danced with Laura, who is ****ing
amazing. I achieved 195 BPM during that dance, and that's still the
maximum count for the entire evening.

I have no idea how many caleries I burned, but I must have lost a stone
and a half just in *sweat*. In utter seriousness, I am *soaking wet*
right now! >_<

Bugger me, that was one fantastic night out!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/