POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things you can't Google : Re: Things you can't Google Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things you can't Google
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Jul 2010 18:38:56
Message: <4c423100$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:35:39 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 06:10:03 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>> >   It would be an example of a *good* use of tax money, as it helps
>> >   evening
>> > out the difference between rich and poor (while still not being
>> > outright communism).
>
>> Instead it teaches that conformity is good.  Looking through history,
>> the people who made a real difference were not conformists, in general.
>
>> People need to learn that independent thought is valued, not
>> conformity.
>
>   I was not talking about school uniforms in particular, but providing
> students with whatever material they need in general.

I would like to see teachers paid a living wage here in the US, that'd be
a good start.  Too often we hear about teachers who don't get paid well
enough to begin with that they have to work a second job of some sort,
and then we hear that they have to take their own hard-earned money and
invest in classroom supplies for their students.  *That's* certainly not
right.

Jim